Grill Safety for Labor Day Weekend
This weekend is Labor Day weekend! We're here on the blog to give some grill safety tips, which we like to do every summer. We can’t forget that grills are responsible for thousands of home fires a year. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers these general grilling guidelines:
- Only use propane and charcoal grills outdoors.
- Place grills away from your home (remember, this counts deck railings!)
- As always, keep children and pets away from the grill area
- Make sure you keep your grill clean by removing the grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill (keep in mind that the leading cause of a grill fire is failure to clean)
- NEVER leave the grill unattended
Keep in mind these safety rules and have a great Labor Day weekend!
SERVPRO of Phenix City, Eufaula and Tuskegee is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-298-8252!