Warmer Weather is Coming.... Watch Out for Mold!
According to the CDC, molds are found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Mold growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Outdoors they can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. Indoors they can be found where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.
Since Spring is coming up quickly, we wanted to remind you of this. Alabama can get pretty humid when the weather warms up so we want all of our folks to be safe! Make sure you're taking the proper precautions in your home to avoid it. Here is what the CDC has to say (if you want to read more click here for their website):
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Clean bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms and basements.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery.
If you think your home or business is affected by mold, give us a call today so we can take of it. You can reach us 24/7 at (334)-298-8252.