Warmer Weather is Coming.... Watch Out for Mold!
Mold can be present anywhere. Trust the professionals to get it taken care of.
According to the CDC, molds are found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Mold growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Outdoors they can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. Indoors they can be found where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.
Since Spring is coming up quickly, we wanted to remind you of this. Alabama can get pretty humid when the weather warms up so we want all of our folks to be safe! Make sure you're taking the proper precautions in your home to avoid it. Here is what the CDC has to say (if you want to read more click here for their website):
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Clean bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms and basements.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery.
If you think your home or business is affected by mold, give us a call today so we can take of it. You can reach us 24/7 at (334)-298-8252.
Weekend Disasters: Fires
A fire can be devastating to your business but we can make it "Like it never even happened."
Did you know that more home fires occur on Saturday and Sunday? According to the Red Cross, they do! In fact, they refer to home fires as America's biggest disaster threat.
We all know that home fires are the most likely to begin in the kitchen. Recently on our social media, we asked what you thought the leading cause of home fires in the winter was. A lot of you said space heaters but the answer is actually still cooking. We want to stress that no matter what the weather is like outside that you have to be careful in the kitchen.
On top of home fires, business fires can be absolutely devastating as well. Thankfully, we are here to help. Whether it is your home or your business, we can make it "Like it never even happened." You can give us a call 24/7 when a fire happens (big or small) at (334) 298-8252.
Disaster Striking Your Business
No job is too big.
When disaster strikes at your business, we're here to help and get your business back to normal and make it "Like it never even happened." We know that when this happens, every hour spent restoring your business is an hour of lost revenue or lost productivity. We have the employees and the proper training to get your business back to normal quickly.
No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700+ Franchises. Learn more about our commercial restoration services by clicking the links below:
From small retail stores to government buildings to hotels to high-rises and everything in between, no matter what your business is- We are here to help.
SERVPRO of Phenix City, Eufaula and Tuskegee is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-298-8252!
Snow Storm in the South
Dottie enjoying the snow!
When we get snow in the South, towns shut down and a lot of people are put in danger due to poor road conditions. We wanted to remind everybody that if your home or business was affected by this recent snow storm in our area, please call us at any time. We are here to help. We hope that all of our local communities are out there staying warm and everybody got to enjoy the snow while they could. You can see from the image on this post that one of our office pups was really enjoying it so we had to make her model to post the image to our social media!
We'd love to see your snow day photos so tag us on social media and let us see them! We hope everybody is having a great day.
Disaster Recovery Team
"Like it never even happened."
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether it’s a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, we are prepared for the unpredictable.
Do you know who to call when your business is affected by a disaster? Now you do. We are here to help any business in the Phenix City, Eufaula and Tuskegee areas here in Alabama. We provide these commercial services. Let us help get your business back to pre-disaster condition. Give us a call today at (334)-298-8252. We love serving our local community and we look forward to helping YOU!
Phenix City, Eufaula, and Tuskegee Home Fires
Let us help you today.
Damage caused by a fire is devastating for your home and for your family. It’s a stressful and confusing time, so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. Our professionals will always treat you with respect and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with great care. Besides the obvious advantage of lower costs, our “restore first” mentality also gets you back into your home or business quicker and with less disruption to your life. Our restoration specialists are highly trained and will get the job done right.
Remember that we are here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year so never hesitate to give us a call at (334)-298-8252 so we can get your home back to "Like it never even happened."
We'll Find It
Your Mold Can't Hide From Us!
We post blogs often about hidden mold because it can be in hard to find areas and cause a lot of problems for your home and your health. If you have any concerns about mold in your home or business, please give us a call today at (334)-298-8252. Our employees are highly trained and have the knowledge and equipment to find the mold that may be causing problems in your home.
As you can see in this photo, a small leak in a pipe makes the perfect breeding ground for mold to grow and continue to grow where your eyes may not be able to see. Check often under cabinets and ensure that your pipes are not leaking. It is a simple pre-caution that may be able to help you avoid a mold remediation!
Photo Credit goes to NBC Los Angeles
California currently has four major fires raging in their state in different areas. Officials say that this is due to last winter being one filled with more rain than prior years which then left the hillsides covered in vegetation. However, when their dry summer rolled around, it turned that grass into tinder which become the fuel that allowed this to spread so easily with the strong winds. These pictures are absolutely heartbreaking and look almost like something out of a movie but it is very, very real for those in the area.
Although we are here in Alabama, we wanted to provide a resource for those who may have loved ones in the area. Regardless of the extent of the damage, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic events like the wildfires in Southern California, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources. You can call 1-800-SERVPRO to locate your nearest franchise. We have a network of over 1,700+ franchises so please know that we are all here to help.
Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with those being affected by this absolutely devastating event.
Link to Photo and Article
2017: Our Storm Travels in Review
All of our guys heading down to Florida after Hurricane Irma!
This year we got to travel a lot. Unfortunately, it was because our nation was hit with quite a few disasters along the way. Hurricane season was rough- especially for Texas and Florida. We are so lucky to have gotten to go and serve those communities as if they were our own.
As we reflect back on our 2017 year as a business, this is something that we felt was worth noting. You can see our previous blogs about these storms but we just wanted to write one more as the year is coming to an end. THANK YOU Texas and Florida for allowing us to do our part after your disasters. We hope that as 2017 is ending and 2018 is beginning, those affected by these storms will continue to find comfort and continue to get back to normal. We know that dealing with a disaster is never easy and especially at that volume but SERVPRO is so proud to get to be involved and help you get back to pre-storm condition.
Christmas Tree Fires
Have you seen this post by NFPA?
We wanted to post a quick re-cap on our blog so that our customers would be aware of the potential dangers involving a Christmas tree fire!
Step 1: When picking your tree, make sure it is fresh! If needles fall off when you touch it, it is best to find another tree. Look for the perfect tree with healthy green needles!
Step 2: When you place your tree, ensure that it is three feet away from any heat source (fireplace, heat vent, etc.) AND ensure that it is not blocking an exit.
Step 3: Check your lights. Make sure they are for indoor use and always turn them off before leaving your house or going to bed.
Step 4: Water your tree daily!
Last but not least- Step 5: After Christmas is over and you're getting rid of your tree make sure to place the dried out tree outside of your home. Check with your local community to find a recycling program. AND bring your outside lights in to prolong their life!
Check out the article from NFPA for more information and we hope that everybody has a safe and Merry Christmas!